To our Patients, Donors, Friends, Board Members, Volunteers, Neighbors, and Community Members:
I wanted to take this opportunity to address our donors and friends at our four southwest hospitals: Ascension Borgess, Ascension Borgess Lee, Ascension Borgess Pipp, and Ascension Ascension Borgess Allegan Hospital.
At Ascension, our top priorities are the health and safety of our associates, patients and communities. As cases of COVID-19, also known as the coronavirus, increase across the United States, Ascension continues to aggressively respond to the evolving situation to protect our associates and those we are privileged to serve.
We regularly treat patients with infectious diseases, and our clinical teams are highly trained in infection prevention protocols. Ascension is closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and working daily in partnership with our local and state health departments and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
As a valued supporter, we want you to be informed of our efforts. Below is a summary of how Ascension is working to keep our associates, patients and communities healthy during this time and prevent the spread of infection, while also offering options for easier access to care.
Deferral of Elective Procedures
- Ascension Michigan hospitals have deferred all elective procedures to help make beds available for patients who need to be hospitalized due to COVID-19.
Enhanced Visitor Restrictions
- Ascension has implemented temporary visitor restrictions, in both inpatient and outpatient settings, to minimize the spread of viral respiratory infections including COVID-19. Please contact your site of care for instructions.
COVID-19 Screenings & Triage Tents
- Ascension has implemented mandatory associate COVID-19 screenings to provide additional safeguards for our patients, families, visitors and caregivers. All associates entering our sites of care will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19
- Ascension Michigan’s State Incident Command Center is working on creating stand-up COVID-19 Triage Tents at several of our facilities. More information will be shared as details are finalized.
If you have a fever, cough or other respiratory symptoms, please contact your primary care physician for further instructions. Or call our COVID-19 Hotline at (833) 981-0738 prior to visiting one of our Ascension facilities, so you can be screened by a nursing professional.
- Ascension Online Care is also offering video urgent care visits at a discounted rate of $20, so you can talk to a doctor from home. No insurance is Use the code HOME at Ascension Online Care.
For ongoing COVID‐19 updates, please visit the Centers for Disease Control’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary website.
I know many of you have expressed an interest in helping those in need. We will be reaching out to you within the next week for opportunities to help those impacted by this pandemic.
Most importantly, please stay home and take all necessary precautions to stay healthy. Thank you for your ongoing dedicated support.
Ascension Allegan Foundation