Together we are making a difference in the lives of others through the Ascension Borgess Allegan Foundation. Help comes through the generosity of people throughout the community and region—in outright gifts and pledges; in gifts through a will or estate; in sponsorship or participation in our golf outing or 5K run; in memorial or honor gifts; or through “gifts in kind” of property, equipment, art, or other goods or services. Here are a few recent examples of what has been given:
- More than $300,000 in donations will be used for the soon-tobe-constructed new and expanded Cancer Treatment and Infusion Center at Ascension Borgess Allegan Hospital;
- An annual donation of $15,000 provides scholarships to help Allegan Healthcare Group employees and area graduating high school seniors as they pursue higher education studies in healthcare;
- Over $6,000 has helped those in need of assistance related to necessary healthcare through the Allegan Neighbors Fund.
- The Foundation offered free mammography services last fall for low-income women through the “Pink Saturdays” program.
- The Foundation purchased equipment for advanced cardiac life support training, telemetry and monitoring equipment for cardiac rehabilitation, three automatic external defibrillators for use in cardiac emergencies, and new vision screening equipment at the Allegan County Health Department.